Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Braves baseball and Jesus?


While the Braves have been on an eight game losing streak and there seems to be no hope for us as we close out the month of May; I have been trying to find the silver lining as an avid Braves supporter/fan. Well, fortunately I was able to do that on Sunday with Brandon Beachy toeing the rubber. With the game being aired on ESPN as the Sunday Night baseball game that week, I was able to watch the game at my house with a completely different view, given the unfamiliar camera angles and plethora of cameras provided by ESPN for the game.
Toward the end of Beachy’s time on the mound they showed a shot of his glove. Normally, when you see baseball gloves the players name is stitched on it and I didn’t expect anything other than that when they showed it. However, I was wrong and so shocked that I had to go back and rewind just to make sure I saw what I saw. On the side of Brandon Beachy’s glove was written Romans 9:7 and it blew my mind! It reads, “I raised you up for this reason so that I may display My power in you and that My name may be proclaimed in all the earth.”
In a time of searching in my life, that was definitely a verse that I needed to see, and God has a great sense of humor and works in many ways to reveal Himself to me. I don’t know where Brandon Beachy stands in his faith or if he pursues to have a daily walk with the Lord, but I’ll call him my little angel in my time of need.  God has placed all of us on this earth for a reason and he desires us to have a personal relationship with Him. And just like the verse says, He made us for Him to display His power through us as well as spread His name and the good news that He brings.
Thank you Brandon Beachy for having that stitched on your glove and I pray that I as well as anyone else reading this will live out that verse. We’ve got to let go and let GOD.

Romans 9:17 “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. “ 

No comments: