Friday, April 27, 2012

Thank You


I thank you because you listened
Without me saying a word.
You knew my heart, which hurt you most
[But] my vision was so blurred.

I heard one day repentance meant
Not being ashamed to prove.
That all that happened has gone away
And old life I lived has moved.

I long to see the change in me
That you have made me see.
For grace by faith has set me free
So that I might long for thee.

This addiction that has hurt me
Shall no longer coexist.
For I want to be with you, Lord
Unable to resist…

The love and grace you’ve shown to me;
Your kindness through this time.
The friends I know that I still have
Will always cross my mind.

My life has changed been rearranged
To focus on you, Lord.
My sin, my flesh has come to rest
Your heart shall grieve no more.

I thank you because you loved me
I’m finally at peace.
No longer shall I run from you
For you are my God, YHWH.


No comments: